This seminar provides training in planning and preparation of business calls, language for opening and closing calls, taking messages, dealing with difficult calls, to facilitate effective, professional telephoning
Dealing with a wide range of business situations, participants will engage in a variety of role-playing activities designed to develop telephoning skills, effective call-structuring and communication expertise.
This seminar focuses on training English language skills for telephoning.
- planning and preparing authentic telephone calls
- opening calls effectively – introducing yourself
- explaining the purpose of your call
- essential vocabulary for all aspects of telephoning
- developing a polite and efficient telephone manner
- role-plays of authentic telephone calls
- giving information in a structured manner on the telephone
- taking messages
- listening to others actively and effectively
- listening comprehension for unfamiliar accents
- making arrangements and appointments
- making enquiries
- handling complaints
- dealing with aggressive or difficult callers
- effective closing of calls
in order to facilitate effective, professional telephoning in English.
Upon successful completion of this seminar, students receive a Finer English Certificate in Telephoning Skills.
Back to top of page