This seminar provides training in the planning and preparation of authentic meetings situations, designing an agenda, opening and closing techniques, holding the floor, taking minutes, to facilitate effective, professional participation in business meetings.
This seminar concentrates on communication skills.
Participants will encounter a wide range of meetings situations, both informal and formal. Realistic role-plays, with content based on students’ projects and responsibilities, will optimise communication skills, presentation skills and effective management of business meetings.
A further focus is the planning of goals, agendas and roles in business meetings.
Seminar topics include:
- how to prepare for a meeting and plan an agenda
- important vocabulary for meetings
- appropriate body language for polite and effective communication
- effective opening techniques
- presenting an idea or point of view
- expressing opinions and listening to others’ opinions
- interrupting politely and proposing alternatives
- holding the floor
- taking minutes
- managing time in meetings
- involving all participants
- reaching a consensus and making decisions
- effective closing techniques
- role-plays of authentic meetings
- use of visual aids for spontaneous presentations during a meeting
in order to facilitate effective, professional participation in English business meetings.
Upon successful completion of this seminar, students receive a Finer English Certificate in Meetings Skills.
Back to top of page